Friday, September 18, 2009

Our Poor Truck.. Our GREAT Blessings


3-weeks ago Trevor and I were driving down the freeway. After a few click, ticks and clunks, we pulled over to see what the problem was. Well, actually, we knew. The transfer casing had gone south, and our truck could no longer compensate. We ended up in a Big Five parking lot, in the way of traffic, with the engine seized up in gear!

We called my brother-in-law, Dan, who suggested that we rent a U-haul and ship the truck to my brother, Kurt, in Idaho ~ A.S.A.P! So, while Trevor and Dan were off to four different U-hauls to find the right tow-dolly, I was stuck sitting in a truck, stuck in the middle of a mess.. . ... .. then along came a miracle.



A woman, who worked at the Big Five, came out for a smoke, and instead found me and my predicament. With one call to her boyfriend, Troy, our truck was outta gear and outta the way of traffic.

AS IF THAT WASN'T ENOUGH!!

Troy then stayed with me until Trevor and Dan showed back up with the tow-doll.

AS IF THAT WASN'T ENOUGH!!

My brother, Kurt, drove down to Utah in my mother's car, swapped out the car for the truck, took the truck back to Idaho, and fixed it in two hours. As soon as T and I had a spare moment, we drove up to Idaho and picked up our once ill truck.



The moral of the story: Life happens so that miracles can occur...

No comments:

Post a Comment